Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So, What's the Best Part In Using CAD?

My last post touted using CAD (computer aided design) for drawing beautiful and unique irrigation and landscape plans.   All true.  But that's not the best part. 

While I'm writing this, CAD is still relatively new.  Most irrigators and landscapers draw by hand.   They are losing some efficiencies, but, ultimately efficiency is not the name of the game.   They may have erasure marks that detract from the neatness, but that's okay too.   If they need a copy of their C or D-sized drawing, they can only depend on their local copy house and, again, that's all well and good.  

I can tell you from my own personal experience that customers view a CAD drawing differently than a hand-drawn one.  I know it may not be fair.  Design knowledge, experience and taste went into both renderings, but there's something about a color CAD rendering that says more than it should.  It says "competent, professional, accurate." 

I don't know about you, but I want and need to tap into all the help I can get!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Waco, Texas, United States
Hello. I'm Doug Saylor, ceuWOW's instructor and voice. Thanks for dropping by.